Monday, September 27, 2010

The best thing about my house is..

The best thing about my house would have to be my front yard. Everyone says it's their room. Don't get me wrong, I love my room because it's an escape from the outside world when I want to be alone, but my front yard is what I love the most. In the front yard, my mom can't plant any flowers or plants or whatever else she wants to plant because the front yard is all mine! Plant as many flowers and plants and leaves, as I call them, but if you come home one day and find my friends, my sister and I play playing soccer in the street or in the yard, you better believe all the plants are ruined. My mom has learned through out the years that plants and flowers aren't for us. She has planted trees, like an orange tree, an avocado tree and a lemon tree and those came in handy when we needed goal posts! Sometimes what we do, we ask the neighbor of across the street if he wants to play so we can go from yard to yard. One goal can be the trees in his front yard and the other one is in my front yard, so we have the whole street and grass to play in and it's a big spot because it's usually about 8 of us always at my house and we need to room to play. We can spend long hours just playing! My friends show up like around 5 on Thursdays and Fridays to play and don't leave 'til around midnight just playing soccer... Soccer is what keeps us away from all the negativity around the neighborhood. Soccer is our safe haven, we depend on it more than we depend on anything else because its an escape, its a game we can all play for hours and forget about or worries and all this happens in my front yard!

1 comment: