Sunday, September 19, 2010

my journey on a pirate ship

"Where am I? This doesn't look like my room!" I said to myself. "Ahoy matee!" someone said from the far corner of the room. I got up from my bed and started walking around to see who was there. It was dark and i was looking for the light switch. My room, or so I thought it was, felt shaky and i was moving side to side way to much! I didn't feel too good. The movement made me feel sick! Then I heard it again "Ahoy matee!" and that's when i saw the candle turn on and I saw this man with a big, frizzy, white-hair beard. He had sea-blue eyes and pale with gray-looking lips. He looked dead for some reason. "Ahoy matee! It is I captain of the Santa Clara! Welcome aboard!". Gee thanks, but where do I go if i don't want to be here? I tried pinching myself so i can wake up from this stupid dream about pirates and sea monsters or whatever else is in this stupid dream, but I didn't snap back into reality! What if this was real? No! It couldn't be!! Could it? Well i don't know, but lets what this person wants from me! "Umm yeah hi! Where am I?" "The Santa Clara! The fastest ship on the Atlantic! You've heard of it?" he asked. "Umm no I haven't. What do you want from me?" was my reply. "Well we've been watching you.." creep! "..and we've noticed you're movement and you have very good potential of becoming my partner and become one of us!" I was so frustrated at this point and said "Okay, but what if I don't want to be a pirate? What if I want to go home, to my room, my warm warm room?" "Well you cant leave! This is not an option. We choose who we think is good for the part, like it or not!" Ugh! This is so dumb, I guess just play along with it. Think positive, it can be fun! OH YEAH RIGHT! My first job was meeting the crew, then I had to follow around this guy I just met a few hours ago, I don't even know his name!! "Excuse me, hey you guy with the long, frizzy, white beard! Whats your name?" he clears his throat and says "My name is Captain Davy Tentacle, now hurry, keep up. This is the rope to tighten the sail. You have to pull......" I completely spaced out and was looking out onto the sea. Oh how beautiful it looked. The water was a clear blue color, you can see the ocean reefs, the beautiful colors of the fish. It was magnificent! The next few days we just went over procedures and he showed me how to run the ship just in case something were to happen. We went into dark and mysterious caves and found sea turtles and fish and gold! It was very exciting. One morning I woke up to find the Captain dead! He died in his sleep; not a violent death! I walk out and sadly announce the news. The crew members and I mourn his death and have a little ceremony for him. Days later they argued if I was indeed ready to be captain and for a whole I proved them all wrong. I showed them I could! And from now on I was captain of the Santa Clara, the fastest and richest ship in Atlantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment