Thursday, September 9, 2010

One time I was brave

If I have to describe only one time I was brave it would have to be the time when I messed up my knee playing soccer. The reason I had to be brave was because we were only 7 on the field, if i came out we would of been only 6 and we would have had to forfeit the most important game of the season; the qualifications to play-offs! I was going one on one with another playing of the opposing team and I guess she found it easier to hit me in the knee and thats what she did. As I lay on the floor watching my coach pop my knee back into place I thought to myself "I really need to suck it up and at least make my passes so we can go to play-offs!" What the coach did was wrap my knee up with ice and saran wrap so it can stay. The whole game I was in so much pain, but as long as i stayed in and did my passes everything was ok! When the game finished, my mom took me to the hospital to get my knee checked, the doctor told me that if i was hit a little harder she would have tore my collateral ligament which lays on the sides of my knee cap. If I would of torn that, I think i would be done with soccer. This is one of the times I had to be brave and being brave really payed off because we won 1st place in the tournament!

1 comment: