Monday, September 13, 2010

A meal for my family

If I were to make a meal for my family i would make chicken and rice because its something we just love to eat. It's simple, but really good, especially how my dad would make it! He eventually passed on the recipe to me when he left. First I would marinate the chicken with lemon, garlic powder, black pepper and seasoning and leave it in the fridge for about 2 hours to soak in with the lemon. Then i would wash the rice and put it in a pot with water and let it cook 'til it's done. I would then pull the chicken out of the fridge and put it in a pan and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes, then i would transfer it to another pan and put it on the stove so it can grill for a little bit, while I let that sizzle i would then take the lettuce out of the fridge and wash it to cut it up and make into a salad. when I finish that I, would serve the plates, place them on the table and dig in!

1 comment: